1. Disney's Aladdin at Tuacahn Amphitheatre in Ivins, June 4 to October 19, www.tuacahn.org.
Tuacahn's spectacle-laden Aladdin will be the first production of the Alan Menken musical since last year's world premiere at 5th Avenue Theatre in Seattle.
2. 9 to 5 the Musical at Hale Centre Theatre in West Valley City, August 15 to September 29, www.halecentretheatre.org.
As the tour of Dolly Parton's 9 to 5 never made it to Utah, this will be local audiences' first opportunity to see the Tony-nominated show.
3. Wicked at the Capitol Theatre in Salt Lake City, July 18 to August 26, www.magicspace.net.
This return engagement of the Utah favorite's national tour is sure to sell out.
4. Fiddler on the Roof at the SCERA Shell Outdoor Theatre in Orem, August 3 to 18, www.scera.org.
Tickets are affordable enough to bring the whole family. Sit together on SCERA's grassy hill and share a picnic under the stars as you watch true community theatre at its best.
5. Swallow the Sun produced by Zion Theatre Company at the Off Broadway Theatre in Salt Lake City, August 10 to 25, www.ziontheatrecompany.com.
This straight play, written by local acclaimed playwright Mahonri Stewart, chronicles the young C.S. Lewis' conversion to Christianity.
Photo Caption: R-L Babkak (Paul Vogt), Omar (Randy Aaron), and Kassim (Todd Dubail) in Disney's Aladdin at Tuacahn